Grade 4A Newsletter
Welcome to Grade 4A at Abraar School! My name is Ms Marwa Ahmed and I will be your child’s teacher this year. I am a certified teacher; I graduated from University of Ottawa with certification to teach grades 4 to 10 (Junior/ Intermediate) and my teachable is mathematics. I also have a Master’s degree in Education with concentration in Teaching, Learning, and Evaluation from University of Ottawa.
We are looking forward to a great and successful school year in which all of our children will reach their full academic, social and emotional potential.
A good parent-teacher relationship is necessary for maximum school success. Throughout the year, we will communicate through the school blog, e-mails, reports, and parent/teacher interviews. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. You can e-mail at email@example.com. I believe that this year will be one of the best yet with your support and partnership.
At Abraar School, our code of conduct for our children is the following:
1. Be conscious of Allah (SWT);
2. Arrive on time and prepared to learn;
3. Treat others, as you would like them to treat you;
4. Work hard to be successful;
5. Respect others.
This September is bound to be a busy time for all of us as we settle back into the routine of school after summer. On the following page are some helpful bits of information and requests to help smooth the transition from summer to school. Please keep them handy for easy reference.
YOUR CHILD NEEDS:
· A BACK-PACK LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME: Please check this bag daily for information in the agenda so you may read and sign it.
· RUNNING SHOES: All students must have indoor shoes to be left at school. This helps to keep our classroom floor clean and dry. For safety reasons, please make sure your child’s shoes are the proper size.
· TISSUE BOXES: Your child needs to bring TWO tissue boxes to be left in the classroom.
· CHAIR SLIPPERS: Please send to school 4 chair slippers with your child. They look like tennis balls with a slit in them. Chair slippers will help protect the chairs and reduce noise in the classroom.
· OUTDOOR CLOTHING APPROPRIATE TO THE WEATHER: The children go out for recess everyday unless it is raining or extremely cold. Please keep this in mind. Label all other clothing (coats, boots, gloves, hats, scarves, snowsuits, rainwear, etc). This helps to avoid confusion and lost articles. PLEASE do not send umbrellas. They can be very dangerous.
· A HEALTHY SNACK: At Abraar School we promote a healthy, active lifestyle. It was found that healthy food choices improve concentration and success in the classroom. For that reason Abraar School has adopted a no junk food policy. Students should bring a nutritious snack with them each day. Chocolate bars and chips will be sent home again as they are not healthy. Please ensure all reusable containers or water bottles are labelled with your child’s name.
Here is a list of simple and healthy snack ideas:
- Raw vegetables, such as celery, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, green pepper or cauliflower.
- Fresh fruit in season, cut in slices or halves, such as apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, grapefruit, grapes, melons, pears, plums or strawberries.
- Dried fruit.
- Non-sugared dry cereals.
- Yogurt with fresh, frozen, or canned fruit (remember to pack a spoon).
- Cheese and crackers.
- Granola bars (check label carefully).
- Arrowroot biscuits.
- A sandwich
ü Toys and games library:
We are trying to build a toy and game library for the students and are accepting donations for age appropriate toys/games. Any toy or game donated to the class will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your support and I look forward to a wonderful and successful year with you and your special someone insha’Allah.
Ms Marwa Ahmed, OCT, M.Ed
Grade 4A Homeroom Teacher