Friday,April 24, 2015
Assalamu Alaikum Dear Parents
Here is the news from the French class:
Our daily routine is drilling the vocabulary related to our daily activities (opposites, gender, and numbers). We are talking about activities at school or at home. Al Hamdulillah, students are improving in expressing their basic needs in French and talking in French while working with a partner during French class.
We are still working on our story “Les Animaux du Bayou” and we will start soon Les questions partielles. This term we were busy writing letters to other English and French schools in Ontario and Montreal. The letters were addressed to grade 4 students. It was a great learning experience for our internet generation students. We worked on the process of writing and sending the letter. We are working on/reviewing some grammar concepts like double verbs construction, verbs avoir and être at the present tense.
In mid May, Insha’a Allah we will have the French café. To prepare students for this event we have started also working on the vocabulary related to French Café setting.
· Tuesday, April 28, we are having the 5th French test: spelling, Les questions totales, les mots en ordre and verb avoir and être.
· The spelling list for Tuesday is:
1. Je veux manger un biscuit.
2. Je prends un jus de pomme.
3. Combien ça coȗte?
4. Est-ce que ma commande est prête?
5. Je prends un gâteau au fromage.
· Les questions totales and Les mots en ordre are related to the story. We already did these 2 activities and corrected them in class.
Jazakum Allah Kheiran for your cooperation and your support.
Dr Amina Ould-brahim,