Here is the assignment for students to complete during the March Break :)
Due: March 17th, 2014
You should thoroughly answer these questions:
1. What is the name of the book?
a) Who is the author?
b) How many pages are in the book?
*These questions should be answered in one or two complete sentences. You don't need to rewrite the question; simply number the answer*
2. What kind of book is it? Fiction? Non-fiction? Biography? This is a couple of sentences long. Say what makes it "fiction" or "non-fiction".
3. How many days did it take you to read this book? This is about one sentence.
4. Who are the top three or four characters? Tell me about them. Why are they important? List them and say a little about each one. This could be about a half a page to over a page long.
5. Tell me what the book is about. Summarize the plot . Use your own words and ideas to describe the story. If the book is a collection of short stories, pick the three best and explain their plots. If the book is not fiction, explain the main idea and the supporting details or arguments. If it is organized historically, give a list of the important events in the text. This could run from one and a half page to several pages. Don't make it too long or too short; you don't need to explain every little detail in the plot).
6. Now give me some analysis of the book. Answer these questions in full detail.
a) Tell me why you liked or did not like about the book?
b) Was it too hard or easy to understand? Was the vocabulary too hard?
c) Would you recommend it to a friend. Did you see a movie or video of the book?
d) Was the story something you could relate to or was it not connected to your real life