As you may know we are finished reading Charlotte's Web. The students had their final test today and their last task is the final project before we wrap up this unit. Students will have to create a game that will allow others to successfully learn about the story of Charlotte’s Web. Here is a detailed outline that was handed out today.
Charlotte’s Web Trivia Game
1. Your assignment is to design a game to be played by other students that will allow them to successfully learn about the story of Charlotte’s Web.
2. In group of four, you will organize your research and material into a board game. Suggested formats include:
e. Snakes and ladders
3. In your game, you must develop questions that cover ALL the chapters from Charlotte’s Web (you can use cue cards) for a total of 30 – 40 questions for your game. Design cards with questions on one side and answers on the other.
4. Be sure to include all necessary pieces, colors to make it interesting and ensure that your group test the games prior to the game fair. (Possible pieces include: labeled board game, task cards, dice, timer, different player pieces etc).
5. Include symbols, graphics, and logos on your card. Make them colorful. Mount them on hard paper so they will be durable. Laminate it if possible.
6. This game is to be as realistic as possible and therefore must also have a set of detailed TYPED INSTRUCTIONS and should describe how your game meets all required components of a successfully marketed board game.
There will be class time/ computer time to work on your board game. Any material needed for the project, must be brought to class in order to work on the board game. You will have six periods to use towards the project, use them wisely.